An alternate host is someone who has permission to host your scheduled meetings or Personal Room meetings when you cannot host them yourself. You can designate one or multiple alternate hosts for a single meeting, or for a series of reoccurring meetings.
The alternate host can start, manage, and record the meeting but cannot edit or cancel a meeting. If the alternate host records the meeting, the recording appears in the list of your recordings. You receive the email message with the link to the recording when it is available.
You can specify alternate hosts by entering their email addresses. With Webex Productivity Tools and Microsoft Outlook, you select alternate hosts from your list of attendees.
If an alternate host joins the meeting before you do, the meeting starts automatically and that alternate host assumes the host role. Alternate hosts who join after the first alternate host do not automatically become the host. If you later join the meeting in progress, Webex Meetings automatically restores the host role to you.
Adding an Alternate Host when Scheduling a Meeting
- Sign in to your Webex site account.
- Select Schedule to schedule a new meeting.
- Add attendees by entering their ptsem.edu email addresses. This is where you will set them as alternate hosts.
- Select the small person to the right of the attendee name. This adds them as an alternate host. [Note that users without ptsem.edu email addresses cannot be added as alternate hosts.]
Adding an Alternate Host while a Meeting is Live
- If a meeting is already running and you need to change hosts, first select the participant list by clicking on the tool for the participant list.
- Once the list appears, right-click on the name of the person to whom you want to transfer host privileges.
- Then click Change Role To > Host.