Word Processor plug-ins are automatically part of the Zotero download. Once it is successfully installed you will see the add-in on a tab.
Add a new citation or edit an existing citation in your document at the cursor location.
Insert a bibliography at the cursor location or edit an existing bibliography.
Open the Document Preferences window, e.g. to change the citation style.
Refresh all citations and the bibliography, updating any item metadata that has changed in your Zotero library.
Unlink Zotero citations in the document by removing the field codes. This prevents any further automatic updates of the citations and bibliographies.
Adding Citations in Microsoft Word
1. In Microsoft Word, place your cursor where the citation should be added.
2. Click on the Add/Edit Citation Icon ().
- A window will appear for inserting your citation.
3. Type the name of the author or book title. Click the title you want to cite.
4. If you want to add a page number type: p.111 using whatever page the citation comes from.
5. Hit the enter key and a footnote is now inserted into your paper.
Note: To edit citations already in your document, place your cursor within the citation you wish to edit and click the Add/Edit Citation icon.
Creating a Bibliography
1. If you are entering citations into your paper, clicking the “Add/Edit Bibliography” () button inserts a bibliography at the cursor location.
2. Your bibliography will appear at your cursor location. You can then add your own heading, such as “Bibliography” or “Works Cited.”
3. You can edit your bibliography by clicking the Add/Edit Bibliography icon