If you have a Mac, you might be familiar with Quicktime as a program to watch videos. However, you can also use Quicktime Player to record a video of your screen. This article will walk you through the steps of how to do so.
1. Open Quicktime Playeron your Mac. You can find it in the Launchpad. Once you open it, it should say Quicktime Player next to the Apple icon on your home screen in the top left on the menu bar.
2. From the menu bar, select File > New Screen Recording.
3. Click the Options pop-up menu, then choose any of the following recording options:
- Microphone: Choose None to record your screen with no sound, or choose a microphone.
- Options: Choose Show Mouse Clicks in Recording so that clicks you make during the screen recording appear as a circle in the video.
4. Click the Record button, then choose a recording type.
- Click once anywhere on the screen to start recording the entire screen.
- Drag to select a portion of the screen to record, then click Start Recording. For example, you can drag to select just a specific window.
5. When you’re finished recording, click Stop in the menu bar (or use the Touch Bar).
6. Choose File > Save, then enter a name for the recording.