- Microphone: Choose a microphone (if you have more than one available).
- Recording quality: Choose the recording quality. Maximum-quality recordings produce uncompressed files, which can use large amounts of storage space.
4. Adjust the volume control to hear the audio you’re recording. If you are using headphones, this can be useful to hear the audio quality as you record (just like podcasts). If you are not using headphones, make sure the volume control is at the minimum level. If it is up above the minimum setting, there will be a very bad echo.
5. Click the Record buttonto start recording; click the Stop buttonwhen you’re done (or use the Touch Bar). To pause recording, Option-Click the Record button, then click it again to resume recording.
6. Choose File > Save to save and name the recording.
With Quicktime Player, you can also screen record and record with your webcam. For the steps of how to screen record, see this article here. For the steps on recording with the camera, see this article here.